THINGS TO KNOW
In South Africa safaris are conducted throughout the year, however the best time would be between April and October. These months offer the most pleasant climate with temperatures ranging from 60' F to 95' F. Early mornings can be as low as 42' F but warm up to comfortable levels by mid morning.
The Lowveld is known to be a malaria area and we advise that you consult with your GP regarding malaria preventatives. Most safaris take place during our cooler months when mosquitoes are not prevalent.
- Clothing - 3 to 4 sets of comfortable clothes.
Laundry is done daily so large quantities of clothing are not necessary. Comfortable clothing is recommended and evening wear is informal, no need for suit and tie.
- Short or long pants can be worn.
- Comfortable shoes - soft soled boots are recommended for hunting.
- Rifle and Ammunition
- Cap or hat
- Personal medications
- Odorless sunscreen - minimum SPF 20
- Camera And Accessories
- Chargers for all electrical equipment (phone, camera etc)
- Small rucksack - for all your gear